The Summer Sky Treatment Experience™ is unlike any other treatment experience around. Our addiction treatment programs have been carefully designed to transmit and experience and provide you with a transformation in the areas of mind, body, and spirit. A world-class addiction treatment staff has developed our programs.
You and your family deserve the best treatment available at the most affordable rate around.
- Detox Now™ is a program designed for those that need detoxification services now. It is comprised of the most state of the art medical detox protocols. You will have access to a primary counselor that will guide you into abstinence. We believe that your detox should be the most comfortable experience. The typical detox length of stay is 3 to 7 days. Some substances take longer to detox from and may have to be extended. Admissions to this program can be scheduled anytime including weekends. This is a 24-hour service with medical nurses on staff.
- The Summer Sky Treatment Experience™ is a 30-day residential chemical dependency program that includes detoxification and physician fees included. Some of the services available to you at Summer Sky are Equine Therapy, R.O.P.E.S Challenge Course (High/Low) at Tarleton State University, Weekly Family Program, Individualized Relapse Prevention Planning, Aftercare Programs, Alumni Support, Recovery Support Services as well as an opportunity to experience the 12 steps not just talk about them.
- Prescription Treatment Program is designed for those that have found themselves trapped by the cycle of addiction to medications. This is a completely individualize approach to the treatment of addiction. Many of our Prescription users never intended to get addicted to the medication they were prescribed. They found it difficult to stop without medical attention and turned to our Prescription Treatment Program for help. We treat every individual with compassion. Most prescription drugs are dangerous to quit using without medical supervision.
|Treatment Program||Length of Stay|
|Adult Inpatient Treatment||30 Days|
|Adult 90-Day Treatment||90 Days|
|Detox Now™||3-7 Days|
|Intensive Outpatient Treatment||8 Weeks|
We also accept most health care insurance. For more specific information or to arrange and admission regarding any of our programs please call 1-888-857-8857 to speak with our admissions department.
Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance use Disorders
(ALCOHOL, PRESCRIPTION MEDS and OTHER DRUGS)
NOW AVAILABLE FOR ADULTS LIVING IN OR NEAR BOSQUE, COMANCHE, EASTLAND, ERATH, HAMILTON, PALO PINTO and PARKER COUNTIES, DALLAS, ADDISON, PLANO, FRISCO, and STEPHENSON TEXAS REGION.
Since 1985, Summer Sky has provided inpatient treatment to 15,000+ patients for Substance Use Disorders and Related Dual Diagnoses. Now, due to the lack of intensive outpatient programs in a 60 mile radius of Stephenville, Summer Sky has stepped forward to fill this void and serve the needs of citizens of the above counties who for many years have been underserved in the area of outpatient treatment.
Our Program is for adult patients suffering from Substance Use Disorders (alcohol, prescription meds and other drugs) requiring intensive treatment other than individual therapy, but who do not require inpatient services. Our Program is for 8 consecutive weeks and is designed to balance treatment requirements with most work, education and home-life schedules as follows:
3 GROUP COUNSELING SESSIONS PER WEEK
- 6:00 PM –9:00 PM
- MON, TUE, THU
3 INDIVDUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS PER WEEK
- SCHEDULED BY APPOINTMENT
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
OUR COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM CONSISTS OF:
- Group Counseling
- Patient and Family Education
- Education Groups and Staying Sober Life Skills
- Individual Sessions
- Family Program
- Relapse and Recovery Focused Education
- Evidence Based Treatment Practices
- Treatment and Discharge Plans are Coordinated with Referring Clinicians and Outside Agencies
SCREENING AND ASSESSMENT. The process of screening and assessment will be provided to all individuals being referred to the intensive outpatient program. If it is determined that an individual needs a higher level of care, then patients will have access to our detoxification, inpatient, partial hospitalization to be stabilized before entering into our intensive outpatient program. Having access to the Summer Sky Treatment Inpatient Facility is an extra safety benefit for the individual seeking a chemical free lifestyle. We strongly believe in matching patients to the appropriate level of services.
ADMISSION: Our outpatient team works with both the patient and their private therapist (and their family) to coordinate the transition into intensive outpatient treatment.
The family program at Summer Sky is dedicated to restoration of the family. We understand that treatment is the beginning of a lifetime of recovery. So often the addicted individual is treated for their illness, but the family is left out. Addiction steals from the family their true identity, and creates behaviors that are destructive in the relationships.
Some family members often blame themselves for the addiction of their loved one. The truth is no family is responsible for another’s addiction. Addiction is a chronic medical illness that attacks the brain, damaging parts of the cerebral cortex and limbic system. It is a very complex illness that affects the body, mind, emotions, spirit, and social life of each individual. Our family program is an educational program that shows you the exact nature of addiction and shows you skills to help you and your loved one support each other in the recovery process.
We recognize the unique power of influence that each family brings to the process of recovery and the support that they offer. Loved ones can bring positive change into the addicted individuals’ recovery. The power of the family system to impact behavior of its members cannot be denied. Healing from the damage that your loved one has caused you is extremely important for the treatment process and the recovery process.
With recovery comes the opportunity to rebuild the relationships that have been affected as a result of the addictions. The Summer Sky Family Program addresses the needs of the family first and gives each family member practical guidance for being apart of their loved ones recovery support team. Everyone in the family in some form has been affected by the addiction of their loved one. During the family program opportunity is available to learn new skills and become educated about the addiction and recovery process. The explanation of the addicted individual’s defense system is revealed and skills are taught on how to modify the role that the drug or alcohol use behavior plays in the family.
During the course of treatment the family will have contact with the primary counselor of your loved one. Participation and attendance on the weekends are highly encouraged by all family members.
Summer Sky is one of the best addiction treatment programs for adult males and females in the State of Texas. Summer Sky started out as a 12-Step based addiction recovery center that specialized in the treatment of alcoholism. We now offer help for alcohol and drug addiction. We treat primarily the 18 to 65 year old population with evidence-based treatment approaches. Our focus is on offering the newest advancements of addiction treatment to our clients.
The important task of maintaining the value of the 12-Step based addiction recovery approach and offering the newest approaches in addiction treatment has created a very effective adult treatment program. We believe that the 12-Steps are a very important aspect of the healing process with people with addictions. What has emerged over the years at Summer Sky is an updated adult program that incorporates the best of addiction science into a state of the art addiction treatment program. Our drug rehab combines the most effective clinical counseling with a solid 12-Step based recovery.
Summer Sky has continued to update its programs with current addiction science. Our addiction treatment programs strive to offer the most effective treatments. We are about restoration of health. We offer our clients proven techniques to allow them to experience the peace of mind that is available to them. There is a way out of addiction, and many adult men and women have found that way out of addiction at Summer Sky. Addiction breakthroughs are happening at our treatment program and we want you to be apart of the process. Many individuals come into our program with constant cravings for drugs or alcohol and leave with no more cravings and a proven plan of action
Benefits of Equine Therapy
The benefits of using Equine therapeutic approach’s helps with different behavioral issues, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, ADD/ADHD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and relationship problems. Summer Sky has partnered up with TSU to enhance our equine therapy program.
R.O.P.E.S. Challenge Course at TSU
R.O.P.E.S. provides training in the area of problem solving, interpersonal skills, communications and values explored through a series of unique, solvable and incremental initiatives and elements.
Activities & Addiction Treatment
During treatment it is important that individuals participate in different activities that help the body and mind adjust to the separation of alcohol and drugs. Once, an individual is out of our detox program they begin to attend various treatment groups and education meetings on recovery and addiction. The value of offering individuals different activities enhances their chances of remaining focused and ready for each day in treatment. We have structured our activities program to compliment the treatment experience and aid with more healing opportunities for each individual in our care.
The body needs time to heal and nothing is more important than exercise and nutrition. Learning how to take care of the body is one of our primary goals during treatment. It is important that each person learns about exercise and how to apply it to a new life free from alcohol and drugs. After initial detoxification, our exercise program helps to further cleanse the body of remaining toxins, assists in the release of endorphins, and it aids in the repair and reconstruction of the body, mind and spirit.
Individuals in the early stages of treatment often experience an uncomfortable transition period between their body and mind and the separation of addictive chemicals. We aim to make the process of detoxification and withdrawal as comfortable as possible and our activities program is one of the many tools available during addiction treatment.
Activities Director: Marandy Dove
At Summer Sky, we have developed Therapeutic Activities to help enhance our drug rehab program. This Texas-based program is a collaborative effort between both our Summer Sky staff and Tarleton StateUniversity. Many of the activities are used to teach our clients how to have fun and work as a team without the need for chemical dependency. Some of the recovery-based activities include Equine Therapy, ROPES course, Swimming at Tarleton State University’s Olympic size pool, bowling and movies along with other onsite activities. With learning how to incorporate these qualities into everyday lives, our clients can carry on healthy relationships and can walk through fears while feeling a sense of accomplishment and success.
The pre-requisite to recovery is the physical separation from the alcohol or drugs. It is a very critical aspect of treating addiction. Many individuals make a mistake every day of not seeking medical attention for the symptoms of withdrawal which can be fatal. Our medical detoxification program was designed to remove the chemicals that need to be removed from the body so that an individual becomes medically stable. We believe that no one should suffer through this process and Summer Sky provides access to an adequate medical staff that specialized in detoxification. Detox is a critical part of our program.
Detoxification – (Detox) provides a supervised withdrawal from a drug of dependence so that the severity of withdrawal symptoms and serious medical complications are reduced to a minimum. Summer Sky uses the expertise of an ABAM physician to monitor the ongoing medical needs of each patient along with Registered Nurses (RN’s) and Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN’s) twenty- four hours a day.
Medically assisted detoxification is only the first stage of addiction treatment. Detoxification by itself does little to change long-term drug addiction. Patients are therefore encouraged to continue on in our drug treatment program following stabilization via detoxification.
Predictors of Substance Abuse Treatment Completion or Transfer to Further Treatment, by Service Type
- In 2005, clients discharged from short-term residential treatment were more likely to complete treatment than clients discharged from long-term residential, outpatient, or intensive outpatient treatment settings
- Significant predictors of treatment completion or transfer among clients who were discharged from outpatient, intensive outpatient, long-term residential, or short-term residential treatment included: alcohol as the primary substance of abuse, less than daily use at admission, being over age 40, having 12 or more years of education, being White, referral to treatment by the criminal justice system, and being employed
- Among clients who were discharged from intensive outpatient treatment, men were more likely than women to complete treatment or transfer to another program or facility; however, among clients who were discharged from outpatient or long-term residential treatment, women were more likely than men to complete treatment or transfer to another facility
Read more here – http://www.summersky.us/Summer_Sky_Substance_Abuse.html